What to expect from Shadow Knights on EZServer (2023):
First things first, it's NOT recommended to make a Shadow Knight if you intend for it to be your main tank. If you got a special affinity for Shadow Knights, you could make it work somewhat, but in reality the Warrior has higher damage mitigation and just does a much better job at tanking on EZ. In the early years of the server (~2008-2011) the Shadow Knight was often the preferred tank for many players and at that point the SK was in fact a better tank. Today though everyone runs a Warrior as their main tank and for good reasons.
The Shadow Knight does a pretty decent job at being a damage dealer though if you compare it to the other melee classes (except Rogue). Slightly lower than a monk, but slightly higher than Rangers and Berserkers currently. People tend to use 2 handed weapons for their Shadow Knight, i.e. Deathfist People Splitta' and eventually maybe an Ultimate Great Axe XII. The Jailer's Impenetrable Chestplate from bosses in Veeshan's Peak will further increase your damage with the click effect that casts Death II.
The Shadow Knight has two different versions of their Epic Augment, one is a defensive augment, which is the best augment to use, both when tanking and when dealing damage. The reason is it procs a song on you that increases your mitigation, while it also debuffs the target's defense, making it take more damage. The offensive Epic Augment has a damage proc, which when parsed on a Practice Dummy deals less damage overall than if you use your defensive augment.
There are some useful spells for the Shadow Knight on EZ. As in EQ Live, SK's can use Feign Death with a spell called Death Peace. To improve their damage mitigation you may want to use Spell: Cloak of Anarchy and Spell: Armor of the Cursed from Veeshan's Peak. The Call of the Void line of spells will increase your spell damage, but may not stack with all other major items where spell damage is the focus effect.
- On EZServer the SK works primarily as a damage dealer and does a decent job at it. As a tank it's not really a good option since the Warriors are superior in that area. The Call of the Void line of spells will increase your spell damage. You may also increase your damage once you hit Veeshan's Peak with the Jailer's Impenetrable Chestplate which casts rank II of Spell: Death.
- If you want to tank, make sure you pick up Spell: Cloak of Anarchy and Spell: Armor of the Cursed from Veeshan's Peak and use your defensive Epic Augment. Getting Shield of the Ages will also further increase your damage mitigation
- The spell Harmshield will make you invulnerable for ~20 seconds and can be beneficial in certain situations along with Death Peace to feign death.
- Guardian's Charm will make your tanking easier up until Veeshan's Peak where it will hurt you more than do any good.
- Bashful Crustaceans' Rebuttal, Ultimate Armor Plate Gloves and Retribution's Edge all three have a click effect to increase your riposte, practically taking zero damage when they are active.
- Retribution's Edge which has a click that adds Furious Discipline.
- Ultimate Armor Plate Bracer, single target ressurrection click.
Shadow Knight Epic List
- Defensive Epic:
- Click: -50% Melee Damage to All Nearby NPCs // Proc: Lifetap, Increase Melee Damage Taken (on mob), Stonewall (on SK, varying percentages)
- Offensive Epic:
- Click: High Single Target Damage // Proc: Lifetap
- Bashful Crustaceans' Rebuttal (Riposte every attack for 12 seconds, cooldown 5 minutes)
EZ Custom Spells
|Spell||Drop Location||Research Element||Description|
|Spell: Voice of Cazic||P1 QVic||Magic||Adds Voice of Cazic proc and hate increaser|
|Spell: Blood Ablaze||P1 Qvic||???||DoT|
|Spell: Vile Tightness||P1 Qvic||???||STR and AC Debuff with DoT|
|Spell: Bloodied Bones||P1 Qvic||???||Undead pet|
|Spell: Virulence||P2 Cazic Thule||???||DoT|
|Spell: Theft of Toughness||P2 Cazic Thule||???||Direct damage|
|Spell: Theft of Survival||T1/T2 Plane of Dragons||???||Reduce healing effectiveness|
|Spell: Call of the Void||T1/T2 Plane of Dragons||Disease2+Magic||Adds Call of the Void proc, decrease healing by 50%|
|Spell: Thirst of Muram||T1/T2 Plane of Dragons||Magic2+Disease||Group lifetap|
|spell: Blood Ablaze II||T1/T2 Plane of Dragons||???||DoT|
|Spell: Vile Tightness II||T1/T2 Plane of Dragons||???||STR and AC Debuff with DoT|
|Spell: Virulence II||T3/T4 Halls of Honor||???||DoT|
|Spell: Risen Creation||T3/T4 Halls of Honor||???||Undead pet|
|Spell: Bashful Crustaceans Soul Eater||T3/T4 Airplane||Poison2||Direct damage|
|Spell: Theft of Survival II||T3/T4 Airplane||???||Reduce healing effectiveness|
|Spell: Call of the Void II||T3/T4 Airplane||Disease2+Magic||Adds Call of the Void proc, decrease healing by 50%|
|Spell: Cloak of Anarchy||T5 Abyss||Magic+Disease+Poison||Self melee mitigation, damage shield and hp buff|
|Spell: Thirst of Muram II||T5 Abyss||Magic2+Disease||Group lifetap|
|Spell: Blood Ablaze III||T5 Abyss||???||DoT|
|Spell: Vile Tightness III||T5 Abyss||???||STR and AC Debuff with DoT|
|Spell: Theft of Toughness II||T5 Abyss||???||Direct damage|
|Spell: Call of the Void III||T6 Anguish||Disease2+Magic||Adds Call of the Void proc, decrease healing by 50%|
|Spell: Virulence III||T6 Anguish||???||DoT|
|Spell: Animated Ghoul||T6 Anguish||???||Undead pet|
|Spell: Call of the Void IV||T7 Loping Plains||Disease2+Magic||Adds Call of the Void proc, decrease healing by 50%|
|Spell: Theft of Survival III||T7 Loping Plains||???||Reduce healing effectiveness|
|Spell: Cloak of Anarchy II||T8 Temple of Veeshan||??||Self melee mitigation, damage shield and hp buff|
|Spell: Thirst of Muram III||T8 Temple of Veeshan||??||Group lifetap|
|Spell: Blood Ablaze IV||T8 Temple of Veeshan||???||DoT|
|Spell: Vile Tightness IV||T8 Temple of Veeshan||???||STR and AC Debuff with DoT|
|Spell: Call of the Void V||T9 Old Commons||??||Adds Call of the Void proc, decrease healing by 50%|
|Spell: Son of Sathir||T9 Old Commons||???||Undead pet|
|Spell: Virulence IV||T9 Old Commons||???||DoT|
|Spell: Theft of Toughness III||T9 Old Commons||???||Direct damage|