Sunderock Springs is home to Tier 10, the most brutal mobs ever seen on the likes of EZ!
- All Fading Memories spells / items / AAs are disabled here. (Feign Death abilities and spells DO work though)
- All Levitate spells / items are disabled here.
- Using "/mapfilter untargetable" and "/mapfilter ground" helps reduce the mq2 map issues.
Every character must do the entry quest via the Roaming Gnome standing in the starter area. This will force you to talk to all 3 faction leaders and they will give you a brief explanation of what their tier will offer you.
- Stone Sergeant Grognir of the Faydwer Alliance will tell you about Orcish Tier.
- Warlord Asmodae of the Cabilis Foreign Legion will tell you about Sathirian Tier.
- Grand Summoner Agwin of the Indigo Vanguard will tell you about Gnollish Tier.
After speaking to all 3 of these leaders, you will complete the entry quest and choose a path for each and every character.
Once you have completed up to ally, it is possible to change to another faction without losing your progress. Simply talk to the roaming Gnome and select "All done" and he will allow you to choose from one of the other two remaining camps. (You will not lose progress on weapon quests)
- Orcish Tier has high HP and no heroic resists, tank / melee bonuses
- Sathirian Tier has low HP and high heroic resists, caster bonuses
- Gnollish Tier has medium HP and medium heroic resists, healer / buffer bonuses
Before You Set Out
Grinding Your Way
Each faction will start you off with a "Slay 250" quest followed by a "Slay 500" quest. Upon completing both of these, you will unlock the Armory dialogue from your respective faction leader as well as a repeatable "Slay 750" quest to improve your reputation with the corresponding faction.
- Unlocking the Armory for all of your characters as quickly as possible should be your first goal, as it allows you to pick up two quests immediately: Boot Tier Armor and Weapon Research.
How to Acquire Tier
Every faction level you attain, you will unlock a new Tier quest. If you have one of these quests, you must seek out a boss of the proper faction, they will drop a token, these tokens must be turned into the faction boss to unlock access to armor pieces. By using the Armory dialogue, you will be able to requisition any of the tier you have earned. Note: You will NOT level your faction with every single turn in. The exact # of faction awarded is 75 per 750 kill quest at this time, but here is information regarding how faction works in Everquest, specifically the model used by EQ Emulator source code:
|Faction Level||Faction Rank||Faction Points||Tier Piece Unlocked|
You will start your journey at Dubious.
Once you have gotten to ally faction from one of the camps, you'll be able to speak with the ultimate armor npc. He will give you a quest to acquire 6 pieces of a mythical hammer. These pieces drop off of trash mobs ultra rarely, but more typically from Plagueborn. Once you turn in all 6 pieces he will prompt you to bring him Glowing Sun Shard (ultra rare drop) and a matching piece of armor from all three factions and he will form them into Ultimate armor for you. Example: Turning in hand armor from Orc, Sarnak and Gnoll factions and a Glowing Sun Shards results in Ultimate Gloves. Simply hand all 4 of those into the Ultimate armor npc, and the piece of Ultimate armor is yours!
How to Acquire The Champions Symbol
Vaquel the Champion will offer The Champion Soul Symbol Quest. The quest requires a soul from each of the bosses of Sunderock, which are rare drops. After turning in all of the souls to Vaquel the Champion, he will reward you with The Champions Symbol.
How to Acquire Accessories
Leokul Spiritmender will offer a Bandit Quest which must be completed to gain access to the Jewelry and Accessories. Upon killing a Bandit Leader, you will gain +5 credit toward this quest and they will drop a random amount of Immaculate Chromatium Fragments. These fragments may be turned in to Leokul Spiritmender on a character AFTER finishing his quest to be awarded a random accessory.
- Important Note: All characters have access to all accessories, meaning you can and will get shields on characters which have no use for them. Every item he awards is LORE, so make sure you tuck these away in your bank so you don't have the misfortune of being awarded them a second time.
How to Acquire Epic
Elgeon Silvershaper will offer a Plagueborn Quest which you required to kill 1000 Plagueborn NPCs. Upon completion, and completion of one of the Colect 100 weapons from one of the three camps, hailing the The Roaming Gnome will reward you with Epic 10.0.
Faydwer Alliance (Grognir - Orcs)
- Orc Thundermaker - Kill Stormbringers and Shaman (?) for a random chance to spawn
- High Orc Warboss Zug - Kill Juggernauts for a chance to spawn
- Basilisk Den Mother - Kill Basilisks for a rare chance to spawn
*** Only 1 boss will be up at a time ***
Cabilis Foreign Legion (Asmodae - Sarnaks)
- Beast of Burden
- Crypt Lord Vaxxol - Kill ghost Sarnaks to spawn, can chain spawn several times
Indigo Vanguard (Agwin - Gnolls)
- Sharpclaw `Tuff` Grimefoot
- Little J`Haughn
- Vampire Alteration Lord
- Vampire Divination Lord
- Vampire Evocation Lord